We spend our PE and sport funding in the following ways to improve PE and sport participation and to enable pupils to develop a healthy, active lifestyle:
• Exposing the children to a wide range of sporting activities and sports clubs.
• Having access to highly skilled professional coaches that can support children in performing to their individual best.
Our rationale for spending the money in this way is:
• Through making strong connections with local sporting companies, we encourage our families to participate in activities and to join sports clubs within their local community and outside of school times.
• We offer some of our most vulnerable and disadvantaged children the opportunity to experience sports/sporting events and activities that they would otherwise not have access to.
How the improvements made will be sustainable in the future:
• Our aim is to instil a passion and enthusiasm for sport that will be life-long for our children and their families.
• Our hope is that our families and young people will take part in local sports clubs, creating a greater sense of community and sharing through the love of sport and being active.
• Changing attitudes and life styles, in the hope of sustainability in the fight against obesity.
|What percentage of your current Year 6 cohort swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres?
|What percentage of your current Year 6 cohort use a range of strokes effectively [for example, front crawl, backstroke and breaststroke]?
|What percentage of your current Year 6 cohort perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations?
Please see the documents below to see how we have spent our allocated money.